Does this pocket square go well?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by MovingForward, Jul 8, 2018.

1. MovingForward

MovingForward Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Texas
    Laredo
    Do you have dislike for pink in general or the specific pinks in the tie and PS?

2. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    Mostly just this or similar shades. I like and wear paler pinks. This is just a bit too lurid, and there's a bit too much of it.

It may be before your time, but this particular shade reeks not only of Pepto Bismol, but Sears at its worst. I.e., cheap and tacky.

And it also reminds me more than I would wish of gifts I used to buy for my granddaughters when they were 5.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    MovingForward likes this.
  3. MovingForward

United States
    Texas
    Laredo
    Well now you've done it. Every time I look at the tie, I think of Pepto Bismol. ;)

What do you think of this one with either a white, pale pink, or pale blue pocket square?

[​IMG]

4. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    Perfectly fine tie with any of those PS.

Nothing wrong with stripes; sober, sensible, but I've rarely warmed to them. Which is probably why I have few. Plaids and checks on the other hand are a mania. If you like Paul Winston's nice Shantung ties, I'd like this. And a pink or blue PS would be just right, and you can wear it with your blue shirt.

A lot more interesting.

Some might find it a bit too kaleidoscopic, but I'd like it.

[​IMG]

5. Charles Dana

Charles Dana Advanced Member

United States
    California
    San Francisco
    Just go with a solid white pocket square. Keep it simple and classic, especially with a tie that has a strong pattern. Experiment with colorful pocket squares at your aunt's birthday party or your grandparents' 115th anniversary celebration.

But at a wedding? With a navy blue suit? A white pocket square just seems very wedding-ish to me. That's the technical term: wedding-ish.

Bonus points if your white shirt has French cuffs.

Edit: I guess you're going to wear a light blue shirt. Nothing wrong with that--it will look good in person. But you'll photograph better in a pure white shirt with French cuffs. Old school wedding attire. Never out of style; always appropriate.

6. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    Missed the part about the navy suit and wedding.

Charles' advice is excellent. And you can wear a white PS with practically anything.

7. MovingForward

United States
    Texas
    Laredo
    Nice tie. Unfortunately it was out of stock so I ordered the blue and silver striped one.

8. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    It should look really good with a navy suit! :beer:

9. MovingForward

United States
    Texas
    Laredo
    Thank you Charles. Looks like I'm going with the white pocket square with the Blue/silver striped tie. Thank you also for tip on shirt color.

10. MovingForward

United States
    Texas
    Laredo
    Thats great! Thanks again for your help.