-->

Can I undo this?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Hanzo, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Super Member

United States
    California
    San Diego
    My wife and I both got new boots recently. Last night, when my Dalton's arrived, I wasted no time in conditioning them. I asked my wife if she'd like me to do the same to hers and she agreed.

However, her boots have an undressed stacked leather heel and in a few spots, the conditioner came into contact with it, darkening those spots.

Before it is suggested to simply condition the entire heel, she likes the contrasting color of the dark boot and light heel.

Will this fade? Is there anything I can do to get it back to the original color?

2. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    I've used dollops of rubber cement to lift grease stains from leather shoes. apply the rubber cement over the stain(s), allow it to dry and then peel it off. It does not always totally remove the stain, but the end result is always greatly improved over what you started with! Good luck against your windmill! LOL. ;)

Hanzo likes this.
  3. Adelstensfostre

Adelstensfostre Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Norway
    Østfold
    Fredrikstad
    I've done the same, with decent results. However, the problem I foresee is that in a stacked heel it is the cross section of the leather which is exposed, which will absorb the conditioner like a drunk absorbs cheap cider. Still, one can but try and I doubt it can make things any worse.

4. JBierly

JBierly Super Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Chattanooga
    Note to self: don't mess with wife's shoes...

eagle2250 likes this.
  5. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    ^^A wise man offering sound counsel...
    point taken! ;)

6. SG_67

SG_67 Connoisseur

United States
    Illinois
    Chicago
    How does that old saying go? No good deed goes unpunished.

7. cellochris

cellochris Super Member

United States
    Massachusetts
    Boston
    Perhaps renomat on the heel?