Are the World's Best Men's Shoes Now Being Made in Japan?

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Flanderian, Aug 19, 2017.

1. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    ^^LOL, that's an easy one!
    The shoe for the left foot is "deep, deep espresso," while the shoe for the right foot is clearly basic black! A new trend setter, perhaps? :icon_scratch: ;)

2. JBierly

JBierly Advanced Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Chattanooga
    I think they are a dark roast.

3. JBierly

JBierly Advanced Member

United States
    Tennessee
    Chattanooga
    One thing for sure, don't buy one pair in expresso and the other in black and then throw them in the closet together! I once had a professor who dressed in the classic trad fashion and wore a dark brown beef roll penny loafer on one foot and a black on the other to work one day. In his defense I am sure the closet was dark and until you have cataract surgery you have no idea how you slowly lose your ability to detect color differences in dim lighting.

eagle2250 and WDG like this.
  4. WDG

WDG Starting Member

United States
    Texas
    Fort Worth
    I once tossed sevaral pair of brown dress socks because I had the darnedest time telling them from the blacks, at O’dark-thirty in the morning. IIRC, I might have worn them mismatched on an occasion or two.

When I got my current ones, they have color stripes on the toes to make it plain which is which, so others have clearly experienced this.

5. Hebrew Barrister

Hebrew Barrister Senior Member

United States
    texas
    yourmomtown
    That was my exact thought. I wondered if I was seeing things. Apparently not.

6. eagle2250

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    Many years back I had a very similar experience to that of your professor..two similarly, but differently hued shoes of the same design and I went to work with one of each on my feet! I confirmed a fair number of doubts held by others about my intellect that day(LOL). It was not long after that that I designed and completed a custom build out of my closet, organizing my shoe collection on nicely roomy shoe shelves that took up almost half of my closet space! I haven't yet repeated the humiliation of wearing two colors of the same shoe...knock on wood.:fool:

7. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    JOE Works Shoemaker -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fading Fast and WDG like this.
  8. Fading Fast

Fading Fast Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    NY
    ⇧ every single one of those is beautiful.

9. eagle2250

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    ^^Indeed, they are all stunning, but it is that grained NST pair that have stolen my heart! :(

10. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    +1! Yeah, rings all my bells too.