-->

A Guy with a Whole Lot of Style!

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by Flanderian, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    I came upon a photo of this gentleman and consider it, and his style, iconic. From what I can tell from a quick check, I believe his name is Joe Ha, and it would seem likely he has a retail company named The Finery Company out of Sydney, Australia. Couldn't locate a business website but they have both an Instagram and Tumbler blog, the later being where I found the photos.

Normally I find jackets absent a PS a lost opportunity, but he seems to favor not wearing one, and it works for him. One jacket described as being for his firm was made by B&Tailor the Seoul bespoke tailor of which I'm fond. However his clothes have some differences compared to B&Tailor's house cut. The shoulders are a bit more structured. (Heck, I bet even Matt S wouldn't mind! ;)) And the trousers seem a little fuller. All in all very stylish. Now if I could only get him to button his vest/waistcoat properly, I'd finally shut up!

http://subskin.tumblr.com/post/165184361637

https://www.instagram.com/thefinerycompany/?hl=en

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Adelstensfostre

Adelstensfostre Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Norway
    Østfold
    Fredrikstad
    Superb.

3. upr_crust

upr_crust Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    New York
    The three-piece suit is superb, certainly, though the unbuttoned pose of the waistcoat was obviously done for photographic sprezzatura.

4. Matt S

Matt S Connoisseur

United States
    NY
    New York
    He looks excellent! I like both the structured shoulders of the navy suit and the very soft shoulders of the brown suit.

5. Flanderian

Flanderian Connoisseur

United States
    New Jersey
    Flanders
    Another element of his attire I find intriguing is his shirt collar. A more unusual long-point tab collar, it flatters him and perfectly compliments the rest of his clothing.

Found this of a different subject which I believe is from his firm from 2/16. Different in cut with more natural shoulders, but I love the fit even if my instincts want to make the jacket slightly longer. What a lovely drape, but just right and not the slightest bit sloppy. Might be done up by B&Tailor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  6. Fading Fast

Fading Fast Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    NY
    You formed and put into words the vague thoughts I had when looking at those suits on him.

Can't be sure from the pictures, but the fabric of the brown suit and the fabric of the tie look thoughtful harmonized, which is another of those things that a person seeing him might not consciously note, but will subconsciously appreciate.