Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post
    He sounds like a Tucker Max wannabe.
    Bingo. As soon as Tucker Max started posting his drunken stories every 20ish year old guy who thought he was cool but had the free time to post his exploits on the internet decided that he would be the next internet celeb. Posturing as some kind of wealthy old-money character is like a weird offshoot of Tucker's personality.

2. Ask Andy Encyclopedia (Desktop - Inline 1)

I've read this guys's blog before. It's really funny that he likes to compare himself to a character on Gossip Girl. Is he really a fifteen year old kid? Probably not, just a putz. Some find the blog interesting but it's just lame imho.

It is a real shame that good blogs like Heavy Tweed Jacket decide to close up shop but rubbish like this keeps going.

Default Bullwinkle, that trick never works!

Quote Originally Posted by Graft View Post
    It's really funny that he likes to compare himself to a character on Gossip Girl.
    I've seen Chack Bass, and this is no Chuck Bass. Is this story cribbed from one of the books, or some other teen drama? I tried the old counterfeit letter gag in fifth grade and it was hack. College? I think not.

Country
    Canada
    State
    Alberta
    City
    Lethbridge

Funny. Growing up, Sebastian Valmont was a favorite fictional character of mine. After all, he was well to do, well dressed and completely ruthless.

Needless to say, after age 16, the appeal wore off and I looked for more realistic role models.

Thomas

Default I only made it into the second paragraph, with

effort.

What a douche bag.

Ah, the glory of the internet! Any fool with a high speed connection and enough spare time can display his idiocy to the whole world.

And to think: Only 20 years ago you had to get to know someone before you knew you detested them.
    "Play like a champion today."

What? Richard is great! Pouty starlets, obnoxious neighbors, ruthless courtship practices, fistfights, gay-looking Ralph Lauren models (not my bag, mind you), offending waiters, what more could one ask for? It's like Jerry Springer with better clothes.

I wonder if poor Mrs. Richard reads his stuff, though. All those hot young things he admires, and those old girlfriend stories. Naval Wife would conk me on the head with a belaying pin.

Scott

Country
    United States
    State
    TN
    City
    Nashville

If that story is true why would anyone feel the need to share that? What is the point? Seems like a complete idiot to me.

Country
    United States
    State
    New York
    City
    New York

http://wasp101.blogspot.com/2008/06/...ch-blazer.html

that's my room. he "stole" that picture from AAAT thrift thread when I tried to sell the blackwatch jacket (you can see my rep ties in the background). basically, he definitely reads this forum. wouldnt be surprised if he posts here regularly.
    less is more

Country
    United States
    State
    TN
    City
    Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by Untilted View Post

that's my room. he "stole" that picture from AAAT thrift thread when I tried to sell the blackwatch jacket (you can see my rep ties in the background). basically, he definitely reads this forum. wouldnt be surprised if he posts here regularly.
    You are right, I see your UV belt there as well! We need an unmasking of this character!

12. AskAndy Encyclopedia 2  (Desktop - Inline 2)
    Country
    United States
    State
    Missouri
    City
    Marshfield

Isn't that, like, illegal? Intellectual property or something?

Country
    United States
    State
    TN
    City
    Nashville

I also see he has lifted one of Macs photos as well, at least I am pretty sure its macs. Check out the photos in the June 2008 and you will see it.

Untitled, that is obscene. I'd bet money that this was retrieved through reading of this forum, and not by a simple google images search. CCC's assertion that he's stolen one of Mac's photos as well makes me believe this blog might actually be satire, and not just someone's ill conceived WASP-y ramblings interspersed with "subtle" reminders of his superiority.

Country
    United States
    State
    Alabama
    City
    Birmingham

As questionable as this WASP 101 guy may seem, I'm not sure that it is any more gentlemanly to berate his blog. In fact, rule number of 4 of the forums is "Don't bash other Forums or blogs.". I think that this rule should be respected as I certainly wouldn't want my own blog to be the subject of such a thread.

Between this thread and the one about "engineering social distance" (which I admit was an interesting thread, though it should have been moved to the Interchange), the mods seem to be have been exhibiting a bit too much of a laissez faire approach lately.
    Trip

Quote Originally Posted by CrescentCityConnection View Post
    We need an unmasking of this character!
    Well, you could always:

1) Send a cease and desist letter; enforcing your rights under U.S. copyright law.

2) Serve a subpoena on Google, which hosts his blog, for his registration information -- i.e. his name, address, etc.
    PLEASE NOTE that I'm looking for 36-short 3/2 suits, blazers and sport jackets. I'm also looking for a pair of 30-inch or 31-inch Black Watch tartan trousers.

Country
    United States
    State
    TN
    City
    Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
    Well, you could always:

1) Send a cease and desist letter; enforcing your rights under U.S. copyright law.

2) Serve a subpoena on Google, which hosts his blog, for his registration information -- i.e. his name, address, etc.
    I actually think his blog is quite humorous. He feels the need to express his importance in most of his postings. I also think his choice of jackets is amusing as well, darted, some orphaned suit coats that he is trying to pass as a blazer and I won't comment on the fit of his clothing. :rolleyes:
    At any rate, I think I have thrown the last punch (for me anyway) on this dead horse.

Country
    United States
    State
    Ohio
    City
    Columbus

Quote Originally Posted by videocrew View Post
    Bingo. As soon as Tucker Max started posting his drunken stories every 20ish year old guy who thought he was cool but had the free time to post his exploits on the internet decided that he would be the next internet celeb. Posturing as some kind of wealthy old-money character is like a weird offshoot of Tucker's personality.
    I got into Mr. Max in my early twenties, and I very nearly became one of those guys. Shortly after I came across Mr. Max's stories, though, he was featured on some sort of MTV reality show, which basically showed him being ignored by women and culminated in him throwing up on himself. That disabused me of any notion that Mr. Max is a role model. Alas, not everyone seems to have come to the same conclusion.

-k

That is completely absurd.

I would certainly like to know who this person is.

Quote Originally Posted by tripreed View Post
    As questionable as this WASP 101 guy may seem, I'm not sure that it is any more gentlemanly to berate his blog. In fact, rule number of 4 of the forums is "Don't bash other Forums or blogs.". I think that this rule should be respected as I certainly wouldn't want my own blog to be the subject of such a thread.

Between this thread and the one about "engineering social distance" (which I admit was an interesting thread, though it should have been moved to the Interchange), the mods seem to be have been exhibiting a bit too much of a laissez faire approach lately.
    It's true, we should be nicer. We don't know the guy, or his intentions for the blog. Under the assumptions that it is paraded as the truth.

I also agree about the "engineering social distance" & this thread. I try hard to only post on the trad forum, and these quasi-interchange threads tempt me so. However, I tend libertarian, and since "trad" is more of a lifestyle choice than simply about clothes, I feel that all truly trad items for discussion should be let alone in the trad forum, the forum's' "invisible hands" of what is trad discussion leading the way.

Country
    United States
    State
    CA
    City
    San Francisco

Default In the spirit of piling on...

Country
    United States
    State
    Connecticut
    City
    Lakeville

Quote Originally Posted by Harris View Post
    Also it seems he's a fan of the bit loafer.
    Well, that does it.

(Woof!)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick06790 View Post
    Well, that does it.

(Woof!)
    I remember a post of his from a while back, confessing a willingness to stray from the undarted sack. Best I recall he added that he preferred the waist to be "taken in" a bit.

edit: Also it seems he's a fan of the bit loafer.

Country
    United States
    State
    Connecticut
    City
    Lakeville

^Hey, how did you do that?

Double Woof!

I think WASP 101 is a complete put-on, by the way. And with all the extra traffic generated by this thread he'll be getting that check for $4.63 from Google any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick06790 View Post
    Well, that does it.

(Woof!)
    Oh, some can pull off the bit. No doubt.
    I'm pretty sure I'm not among the few.

Quote Originally Posted by CrescentCityConnection View Post
    I actually think his blog is quite humorous. He feels the need to express his importance in most of his postings. I also think his choice of jackets is amusing as well, darted, some orphaned suit coats that he is trying to pass as a blazer and I won't comment on the fit of his clothing. :rolleyes:
    At any rate, I think I have thrown the last punch (for me anyway) on this dead horse.

Funny you should mention fit of his clothing. I commented about the ill fit of his trousers on his blog once and suddenly three "other" commentors claimed it was perfect. Strange.:rolleyes:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast