Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    State
    Hawaii
    City
    Honolulu

Default The Latest from WASP 101

I know there's been a thread or two posted about this guy and his blogsite, but I found his most recent column perfectly appalling. Definitely not a gentleman, even if he may think himself a WASP. One would like to hope he made it up.

http://www.wasp101.blogspot.com/

Sunday, July 27, 2008
    Madras Pants And Crazy Stories From My Past

First, I want to thank all the loyal readers that encouraged me to keep the blog, and to officially say I plan to keep going. The week I took off a couple weeks ago was much needed, but life has continued to be stressful with too much going on at work. Anyway, the week I took off gave me a chance to revisit days of fun and games, or also known as days without responsibility. I also took a break from suits and ties, and wore a lot of casual clothing. I thought I would post one of the casual outfits I wore that week, and tell a story from my crazy collegiate past.

It all began my sophomore year of college, and of course there was a lovely girl involved. Julie was my dream at the moment, but one thing stood in my way..........her 22 year old boyfriend. Regardless, being the crafty schemer I was, I decided to pursue her anyway at all cost. I tried flattery, sweet gestures, and numerous other ways to penetrate her heart. She was always half way receptive, but she reminded me that she was taken at the end of the day. Frustrated and impatient, I decided to help things along and it was time for drastic measures. Fortunately, I had befriended several of her sorority sisters, and I would need my closest friend Ivy to help.

As my plan unfolded in my mind, I decided to write a letter to Julie confessing that I had cheated on her with a girl back home in her boyfriend's home county. Oh, I forgot to mention the letter would be written by me, but signed by her boy. I did my homework as well. I found out who he had dated in the past, and I made the girl he cheated with an ex-girlfriend. The letter was typed and sealed in an envelope with a stamp and return address (her boyfriend's). Now, this is the point when Ivy was needed. Ivy would often get Julie's mail for her, and I had Ivy to place the letter in Julie's mail. I hoped that she would not notice that it had not been through the postal service, and she never noticed. Of course, Julie was enraged by the letter, and even though poor boyfriend swore it wasn't true, Julie now had doubt in her mind. One week later, Julie dumped her boy, and I began dating her the next week. Julie was great for a while, but I soon realized she wasn't worth all the trouble and I dumped her. In the end, I realized that I had more in common with Ivy, that little minx.

Country
    United States
    State
    Pennsylvania
    City
    Sunbury

That tale would bring a single, manly tear of admiration to Harry Flashman's eye.
    Kindly,

AQG

"There are some who call me...Tim..." Tim the Enchanter.

Tsk. If it's a true account then the writer is a complete cad. He's also lost his claim to gentlemanly status as one would not publicly brag about such appalling behavior.

Cordially,
    Adrian Quay

"
    When we remember we are all mad,
    the mysteries disappear
    and life stands explained."
    - Mark Twain, Notebook entry, 1898.

Country
    United States
    State
    va
    City
    Saluda

What a jerk. All of it screams for attention. He posted earlier about making a lot of money because of new clients, shameful.

I apologize for my foul language earlier.
    Last edited by Duck; July 28th, 2008 at 11:14.

I don't really know about the type of folks most here have met, but this tale is very much in character with the sort of guy who would create a blog labeled WASP 101.

Whether he is real or imagined, it does not matter. The people who follow rules are those wanting to join the club. Once in, they act like heathens and use others who follow rules to fix their mistakes.

Country
    United States
    State
    va
    City
    Saluda

It looks like a RL ad.

Country
    United States
    State
    New Jersey
    City
    Flanders

Oh, gosh! But Richard is very young and still evolving. And sometimes I wonder if he may just be trying to have a bit of fun with everyone.

Added after reflection: Yes, this is pretty bad, if he's not just trying to put everyone on. What I hear in that story is the echo of an ethos that permeates popular culture and is even resident in all too many business school graduates I encounter. I.e., "Others do not matter, and I can do anything to get what I want."

Added after further reflection: The above ethos described is essentially the definition of a sociopath.
    Last edited by Flanderian; July 28th, 2008 at 12:10.

Country
    United States
    State
    Pennsylvania
    City
    Sunbury

Valmont would approve.
    Kindly,

AQG

"There are some who call me...Tim..." Tim the Enchanter.

Country
    United States
    State
    Texas
    City
    Fort Worth

I like some of the pictures he posts. I take his stories with several large grains of salt.

Default I only made it into the second paragraph, with

effort.

What a douche bag.

What? Richard is great! Pouty starlets, obnoxious neighbors, ruthless courtship practices, fistfights, gay-looking Ralph Lauren models (not my bag, mind you), offending waiters, what more could one ask for? It's like Jerry Springer with better clothes.

I wonder if poor Mrs. Richard reads his stuff, though. All those hot young things he admires, and those old girlfriend stories. Naval Wife would conk me on the head with a belaying pin.

Scott

Country
    United States
    State
    TN
    City
    Nashville

If that story is true why would anyone feel the need to share that? What is the point? Seems like a complete idiot to me.

Country
    United States
    State
    New York
    City
    New York

http://wasp101.blogspot.com/2008/06/...ch-blazer.html

that's my room. he "stole" that picture from AAAT thrift thread when I tried to sell the blackwatch jacket (you can see my rep ties in the background). basically, he definitely reads this forum. wouldnt be surprised if he posts here regularly.
    less is more

Country
    United States
    State
    TN
    City
    Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by Untilted View Post

that's my room. he "stole" that picture from AAAT thrift thread when I tried to sell the blackwatch jacket (you can see my rep ties in the background). basically, he definitely reads this forum. wouldnt be surprised if he posts here regularly.
    You are right, I see your UV belt there as well! We need an unmasking of this character!

Country
    United States
    State
    Missouri
    City
    Marshfield

Isn't that, like, illegal? Intellectual property or something?

That is completely absurd.

I would certainly like to know who this person is.

Country
    United States
    State
    PA
    City
    Phila

...that's my room. he "stole" that picture from AAAT thrift thread when I tried to sell the blackwatch jacket...
    Of far greater interest than all this is the question why in god's name did you sell that jacket? It is perfection!

tjs

Country
    United States
    State
    Michigan
    City
    Dearborn

Maybe its an honor? Your stuff is being used as an example of what is considered very trad. Excellent taste in ties hanging behind the jacket, btw.

Ah, the glory of the internet! Any fool with a high speed connection and enough spare time can display his idiocy to the whole world.

And to think: Only 20 years ago you had to get to know someone before you knew you detested them.
    "Play like a champion today."

Quote Originally Posted by Beresford View Post
    I know there's been a thread or two posted about this guy and his blogsite, but I found his most recent column perfectly appalling. Definitely not a gentleman, even if he may think himself a WASP. One would like to hope he made it up.

http://www.wasp101.blogspot.com/

I called this guy white trash one day on his blog because he used a term like "I don't roll that way". A wanna be homie. He also believes he can throw around a racist acronym such as WASP and it does not mean anything because when he uses it, it's all about his new Made in China RL Polo sweater.
    Last edited by Simon Syngen Clancy; July 30th, 2008 at 20:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Syngen Clancy View Post
    I called this guy white trash one day on his blog because he used a term like "I don't roll that way". A wanna be homie. He also believes he can throw around a racist acronym such as WASP and it does not mean anything because when he uses it, it's all about his new Made in China RL Polo sweater.
    When did the acronym WASP become a racist term? I don't know of anyone who takes offense to it.
    "And because Auburn men and women believe in these things I believe in Auburn, and love it."

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Syngen Clancy View Post
    You call him a "wanna be homie" and talk about his "Made in China" sweater then get upset that HE'S a racist because he describes himself as a white anglo-saxon protestant (which he may be)? I hope you're a troll, because no one could possibly be this stupid.

Country
    United States
    State
    Connecticut
    City
    Lakeville

All right, all right, stop this, it has become extremely silly

Country
    United States
    State
    Hawaii
    City