Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Country
    United States
    State
    va
    City
    Saluda

Is Bobby wearing his albert slippers in this picture? I think so.

Also, notice the pumpkin with the cig and beer!

Vanity Fair
    http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/f...de=3#globalNav

Country
    United States
    State
    PA
    City
    Phila

^ What a fantastic picture! Bundling the kids off to school, with the demented pumpkin looking on. And, as you rightly observe, the Albert slippers -- nice look.

Tom

Country
    Canada
    State
    Ontario
    City
    Toronto

Those are f***ing scary pumpkins and would not have been allowed when I was a kid. And that cigarette that the pumpkin is smoking looks sort of "homemade"... <cough, cough>

DD
    "What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

Country
    United States
    State
    VA
    City
    Alexandria

When you look quickly at the pumpkin to the far right, just behind Bobby, it looks like it has harry legs.

JB
    A helm to grasp;
    A course to steer;
    A port to seek.

-Henry Adams

^Looks sort of like a great big hairy dog smelling his butt to me.

Scott

Happens around here all the time

Country
    United States
    State
    VA
    City
    Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by Naval Gent View Post
    ^Looks sort of like a great big hairy dog smelling his butt to me.

Scott

Happens around here all the time

Good show, Scott.

JB
    A helm to grasp;
    A course to steer;
    A port to seek.

-Henry Adams

Norton & Son's velvet slippers on eBay at Captain Hogspear's

http://stores.ebay.com/Hogspear

Leon
    McNulty: You know what they call a guy who pays that much attention to his clothes, don't you?

Bunk: Um hm. A grown-up.

Country
    UK
    State
    somewhere
    City
    unknown

I have been toying with purchasing a pair of these from B&E:

I am however, concerned with size. Last year I purchased a pair of Tricker's (a plain navy velvet as it goes) and was advised by the Jermyn street store that slippers were small and that most people needed to go a half size up. This was true and after a painful attempt to climb into my regular dress shoe size, I found a half size up was just right.

Q. Do B&E make slippers for Tricker's? Should I take this experience as a guide in ordering a pair direct from B&E?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Country
    England
    State
    Norfolk
    City
    Norwich

B&E don't make for Tricker,
    Were your tricker leather lined with a padded through sock or quilt lined?
    B&E don't do padded through sock so i wouldn't go half size up with theirs they are also a lower vamp depth which makes them feel looser. also when ordering direct from any company it's a good idea to give them your foot length and joint measurement, unless they are a stock item and not mto.

Country
    UK
    State
    somewhere
    City
    unknown

Quote Originally Posted by shoemaker View Post
    B&E don't make for Tricker,
    Were your tricker leather lined with a padded through sock or quilt lined?
    B&E don't do padded through sock so i wouldn't go half size up with theirs they are also a lower vamp depth which makes them feel looser. also when ordering direct from any company it's a good idea to give them your foot length and joint measurement, unless they are a stock item and not mto.
    Quite right, my Tricker's are leather lined with a padded through sock. Many thanks for the information!

Country
    England
    State
    Norfolk
    City
    Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Norton & Son's velvet slippers on eBay at Captain Hogspear's

http://stores.ebay.com/Hogspear

Leon
    These are without doubt Bowhill & Elliott

Country
    England
    State
    Essex
    City
    Witham

Quote Originally Posted by Brideshead View Post
    I love 'em. I currently have two pairs. Tricker's Fleur-de-lys in black velvet with creamy leather lining and Church's stags head Sovereign in wine velvet with black quilted lining. The Church's are my favourite but are not as wearable I feel.

Do Church's still make this particular design?
    Not sure where the pic went?

BTW I have just received for my birthday a pair of Tricker's in black velvet with the feathers (PoW) motif. As depicted in Dr D's post.

Country
    UK
    State
    somewhere
    City
    unknown

I purchased these Church's in my regular dress shoe size following the advice I received and they are a perfect fit!

Country
    United States
    State
    Missouri
    City
    Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Damage View Post
    Those are f***ing scary pumpkins and would not have been allowed when I was a kid. And that cigarette that the pumpkin is smoking looks sort of "homemade"... <cough, cough>

DD
    Well, they ARE Kennedys after all. What do you expect?
    "What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" -- W.C. Fields

Country
    United States
    State
    va
    City
    Saluda

When converting US to UK sizes, what is the rule of thumb? I am a size 10D

Country
    England
    State
    Norfolk
    City
    Norwich

Default size conversion

size up and a fitting down,
    therefore you would need an english 9E.

Default Message from the Founders

Hello Ask Andy Members-

We would like to thank everyone that continues to support Del Toro with your complements and critiques. We view the message boards regularly to stay in tune with the needs and opinions of our customers. We have received a number of orders from Ask Andy members and are happy to offer the AAAC discount. We appreciate your business and look forward to providing quality shoes at the right price. We are currently updating our production process to provide custom embroidery and new products. We removed the embroidery features from our website but should have them back up within a couple of months.

The "Classic" is still available and ships out within a few days. To obtain the Ask Andy Member discount just enter in "AAAC" in the coupon code section.
    There will be a lot of new and exciting developments for Del Toro, we are excited to share each one with you and are grateful for every customer.

We will continue to keep Ask Andy members updated each step of the way. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us anytime at info@deltoroshoes.com.

All the best,
    James & Nathanial
    Founders of Del Toro
    www.DelToroShoes.com

Quote Originally Posted by deltoroshoes View Post
    Hello Ask Andy Members-

We would like to thank everyone that continues to support Del Toro with your complements and critiques. We view the message boards regularly to stay in tune with the needs and opinions of our customers. We have received a number of orders from Ask Andy members and are happy to offer the AAAC discount. We appreciate your business and look forward to providing quality shoes at the right price. We are currently updating our production process to provide custom embroidery and new products. We removed the embroidery features from our website but should have them back up within a couple of months.

The "Classic" is still available and ships out within a few days. To obtain the Ask Andy Member discount just enter in "AAAC" in the coupon code section.
    There will be a lot of new and exciting developments for Del Toro, we are excited to share each one with you and are grateful for every customer.

We will continue to keep Ask Andy members updated each step of the way. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us anytime at info@deltoroshoes.com.

All the best,
    James & Nathanial
    Founders of Del Toro
    www.DelToroShoes.com

Has anyone ordered a monogramed or custom shoe from Deltoro? It looks like their prices have really dropped, classic at $120, monogrammed at $175 and custom at $198, with 10% off for AAAC members. However, there is a 3-6 month wait period, which seems excessive. I'm considerign ordering a pair. Any thoughts?

Country
    Mexico
    State
    Quintana Roo
    City
    Puerto Avneturas

I'm still waiting for them to get different colors for the shoes....

Default G.J.Cleverley Slippers

G.J.Cleverley has been doing both ready-to-wear and bespoke slippers for years. On their recently trunk shows in America they introduced several new styles of slippers, which looked great. They have started showing off their monograming abilities. They had a seahorse (hand made in silver silk) and a gold skull & cross bones (in gold wire). Daniel Day Lewis was wearing a pair of Cleverley slippers at a recent awards party in Los Angeles, which looked great.

I will take a photo and upload my pair soon to show the forum. Also, Mr. Glasgow showed me their new 2008 dark midnight blue cashmere slipper, which looked AMAZING. I think that will be the next one I order. They felt so soft, but perhaps to luxury to wear on a regular basis.........

Check them out on their next trip........

Quote Originally Posted by shoemaker View Post
    size up and a fitting down,
    therefore you would need an english 9E.
    That's size down and fitting up. Am I confused?
    Pronunciation: \'lüsh\ Function: adjective Etymology: French, literally, cross-eyed, squint-eyed, from Latin luscus blind in one eye Date: 1819 : not reputable or decent

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tradly View Post
    Above, is Frank wearing patent leather pumps with bows?

JB
    Quote Originally Posted by enecks View Post
    It certainly appears that way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark from Plano View Post
    Must have been a quick change between scene's on Dean's TV show because if you look closely he's also got a satin stripe up the side of those black trousers.
    Cheap trivia: Sinatra did a show with Cont Basie and his orchestra at the Sands in 1966 that has been made into a record. A slammin' record. During Frank's reparte with the audience he asks "how do you like my Mary Jane's" and references the little bows they have on the instep. He is likely talking about these exact shoes. Frank is the coolest.
    Pronunciation: \'lüsh\ Function: adjective Etymology: French, literally, cross-eyed, squint-eyed, from Latin luscus blind in one eye Date: 1819 : not reputable or decent

Country
    England
    State
    Norfolk
    City
    Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by kelliw View Post
    G.J.Cleverley has been doing both ready-to-wear and bespoke slippers for years. On their recently trunk shows in America they introduced several new styles of slippers, which looked great. They have started showing off their monograming abilities. They had a seahorse (hand made in silver silk) and a gold skull & cross bones (in gold wire). Daniel Day Lewis was wearing a pair of Cleverley slippers at a recent awards party in Los Angeles, which looked great.

I will take a photo and upload my pair soon to show the forum. Also, Mr. Glasgow showed me their new 2008 dark midnight blue cashmere slipper, which looked AMAZING. I think that will be the next one I order. They felt so soft, but perhaps to luxury to wear on a regular basis.........

Check them out on their next trip........
    Look forward to seeing the photo's

Country
    Canada
    State
    Ontario
    City
    Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by The Louche
    That's size down and fitting up. Am I confused?
    What little experience I have with Albert slippers suggest they usually fit much differently than regular shoes. I wear Church's shoes in 10F but Church's slippers in 11.
    "What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

Country
    England
    State
    Norfolk
    City
    Norwich

Most english stock slippers are made on an E fitting last maybe that's why you had to go a size up if they were'nt mto.