Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Country
    United States
    State
    FL
    City
    West Coast

^He looks like he's wearing women's pants.

Country
    United States
    State
    West
    City
    A valley along a canyon

Wow, that's a hideous look for these.

Country
    Canada
    State
    Ontario
    City
    Toronto

"What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

Country
    United States
    State
    Tennessee
    City
    Memphis

Love it!

Country
    Canada
    State
    Ontario
    City
    Toronto

Ed McMahon.

"What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

Country
    Canada
    State
    Ontario
    City
    Toronto

Country
    Canada
    State
    Ontario
    City
    Toronto

martini slippers! nice

Country
    United States
    State
    Georgia
    City
    Atlanta

Anyone a size 9.5 regular?
    I have an unused pair of Smythe & Digby Albert slippers I'd be happy to ship to a worthy home. They were last year's Christmas gift but wrong size. Never got around to returning and too late now. Please PM me. I'm tied up with certain family responsibilities, but will check messages when I can and will award to first responder. Merry Christmas!

Country
    United States
    State
    NY
    City
    New York

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Damage View Post
    What is the Albert Slipper? The Albert slipper is a house shoe with hard leather sole & heel, usually velvet uppers with quilted synthetic lining, and often an embroidered design on the vamp. Variations included normal leather or cloth lining (not quilted), rubber heel, or a plain vamp with no embroidered decoration. Ostensibly house slippers, Albert slippers have often been used outside the home with tuxedos and formal dress for a bit of flash.

- - - - -

Current manufacturers include:

Church's - Church's makes their own slippers as in stock items, with or without an embroidered crown, in black, dark blue, or burgundy velvet. These slippers have the highest vamp of any currently available, stretching high on the foot, and have a slight chisel toe shape. These slippers no longer have the quilted lining.

Bowhill & Elliot - Makes their own slippers by hand and I suspect provides slippers to most other retailers including Shipton & Heneage. These slippers are fairly low vamp and have a rounded toe shape.

Shipton & Heneage - Shipton likely sells slippers made for them by Bowhill & Elliot but offers them in a dizzying variety of sizes, colours, and materials (including leather uppers and tartans). Custom embroidered designs are possible as are slippers made from customer supplied cloths.

Stubbs & Wootton - Despite the posh name, Stubbs is a fairly recent fashion shoe sold in the United States (but made in Spain). They are apparently narrow and certainly overpriced.

Del Toro Shoes - Del Toro is the newest entrant to this market and offers a basic black velvet slipper with quilted lining, rubber heel, and rounded toe. The shoes are sold in the United States and made in Spain. These are probably the least fancy but most robust for use outside the home.

- - - - -

Other retailers include Crockett & Jones (probably selling rebadged Bowhill & Elliot slippers), Edward Green (which supplier some slippers to Ralph Lauren), and Trickers. None of these brands are cheap, although the last two offer bespoke.

From time to time retailers like Brooks Brothers offer Albert slippers.

- - - - -

Time for some photos!

DocD
    I've owned Stubbs, Church's [Brooks], and Shiption
    Stubbs fine for what they are but gotten too pricey
    Shipton, awkward fit, either loose in heel or tight in toe. Had to go loose in heel and use inserts.
    Church's, best looking and fitting, but limited variety, at least via Brooks, Church's NY store and US web site. Anybody know if in the UK they offer more variety in color or motif, and if they do custom?

Country
    Canada
    State
    Ontario
    City
    Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by Literide View Post
    I've owned Stubbs, Church's [Brooks], and Shiption
    Stubbs fine for what they are but gotten too pricey
    Shipton, awkward fit, either loose in heel or tight in toe. Had to go loose in heel and use inserts.
    Church's, best looking and fitting, but limited variety, at least via Brooks, Church's NY store and US web site. Anybody know if in the UK they offer more variety in color or motif, and if they do custom?
    I don't 'track' this stuff anymore but the last time I looked at the Church's website they only had two versions: plain black and plain black + crown. I suspect BB has the biggest range of styles. I agree with you that they have the better fit, although I find even their heels are still too wide.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011