Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Country
    United States
    State
    District of Columbia
    City
    Washington

Default The end of WASP 101?

Quite possibly. This must be some of the better internet stalking I've seen:

http://www.ivy-style.com/is-wasp-101...state-rep.html

Country
    United States
    State
    Florida
    City
    Gulf Breeze

scandalous, really.

Country
    United States
    State
    New Jersey
    City
    Mount Holly

Haha, I just read that a few minutes ago. Not sure how I feel about it if it's true. There's much to be ashamed of on both sides.

Country
    United States
    State
    District of Columbia
    City
    Washington

Quote Originally Posted by hardline_42 View Post
    Haha, I just read that a few minutes ago. Not sure how I feel about it if it's true. There's much to be ashamed of on both sides.
    I'm not at all surprised that someone did the research and figured it out. He really came off as very off putting, and all it takes is one individual out of the entire internet to devote a relatively modest amount of time to putting the pieces together. Whether Christian was right to make a post about it is a different story I suppose. But I've always found Ivy Style to be an exceptional resource and Wasp 101 good for little other than awed bemusement, so I'm sympathetic to Christian.

Country
    United States
    State
    New Jersey
    City
    Mount Holly

Quote Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
    I'm not at all surprised that someone did the research and figured it out. He really came off as very off putting, and all it takes is one individual out of the entire internet to devote a relatively modest amount of time to putting the pieces together. Whether Christian was right to make a post about it is a different story I suppose. But I've always found Ivy Style to be an exceptional resource and Wasp 101 good for little other than awed bemusement, so I'm sympathetic to Christian.
    While I read Ivy Style occasionally and like Christian's blogging style, I was never a reader of Wasp 101 and only knew of his reputation from others, so I can't really find fault with Ivy Style on this one. He just posted what one of his readers brought to his attention. I suppose that a politician being outed as a blogger with some rather unsavory characteristics is probably a good thing for his constituents

Country
    United States
    State
    AL
    City
    B'ham

This is really weird, but also really entertaining. No one wants to be a "Richard". And now we can put a face to it.

Country
    United States
    State
    New Jersey
    City
    Flanders

But what does Muffy have to say about it?

Country
    United States
    State
    Maryland
    City
    Gaithersburg

Quote Originally Posted by Flanderian View Post
    But what does Muffy have to say about it?
    +1!

FR

Country
    United States
    State
    Louisiana
    City
    Shreveport

I agree.

Country
    Sweden
    State
    Sweden
    City
    Balsta

Ha! This was fun. Good ole Richard.

He looks to have been so far down the meat, potatoes and hard liqueur trail as to look positively Russian.

I'm amazed he actually had a real wife. I thought she was rental fo sho, given his lousy attitude towards women.

Country
    Sweden
    State
    Sweden
    City
    Balsta

And there's a job for that investigator as a G man....

Country
    England
    State
    City

Another (self-proclaimed) Ivy guru has met a rather sticky end recently. I understand he was once a very, shall we say, prolific poster on our Trad forum.....

This is faintly amusing:

http://wasp101sucks.blogspot.co.uk/2...ards-blog.html
    Last edited by Shaver; May 30th, 2013 at 16:04.
    Ephesians 5:16 (NKJV)

Country
    United States
    State
    Florida
    City
    Gulf Breeze

A good bit of the older material is accessible through the way back machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/201201201...1_archive.html

Country
    United States
    State
    Massachusetts
    City
    Natick

I may have to start this back up again...

http://lifewithoutrichard.blogspot.com

Country
    United States
    State
    Maryland
    City
    The City

As excited as Ivy Style seems to be about "busting" Wasp101, I wonder if Richard really cared if he was found out.

Richard left clues all over, which makes me wonder if he cared who figured it out (or maybe he was truly nuts). As far back as 2008, Richard seemed to be dropping clues like this http://suzanne-marques.blogspot.com/...ctly-prep.html that could allow anyone to search who he might be based upon the address shown. I thought he was strangely amusing, in a very annoying way.

I have no idea what motivates people to create strange internet characters, or the people who get obsessed with exposing them. It is crazy that an elected official would have a site with his pictures all over it. In a strange way, I think I will miss the weird posts of Wasp101. Would love to know why he kept up the charade for years though.
    Last edited by Tom Buchanan; May 30th, 2013 at 19:48.

Country
    United States
    State
    PA
    City
    Southeast

When he first started getting noticed, some were asking if he was really serious or actually doing some sort of Andy Kaufman-like cyber-performance art.

​I also recall someone who wrote in asking if he created the blog as a tool to inoculate himself from the effects of public criticism, prior to going into politics. Amazingly prescient, I'd say.

Country
    United States
    State
    District of Columbia
    City
    Washington

Quote Originally Posted by sjk View Post
    When he first started getting noticed, some were asking if he was really serious or actually doing some sort of Andy Kaufman-like cyber-performance art.

​I also recall someone who wrote in asking if he created the blog as a tool to inoculate himself from the effects of public criticism, prior to going into politics. Amazingly prescient, I'd say.
    The longer it went on for the more I suspected that the whole thing was real. But it's still so odd to me that Richard spent so much time playing in the Trad ballpark, but never really getting it. He would have some tradly duds and then ruin it with a terrible fit or some strange pocket square.

He was like a baseball player that fouls out at each and every at bat. You'd think that, over time, through sheer probability, Richard would have posted at least one pic or made at least one post that--even if it wasn't a home run--would at least get him to first. But no, never. He fouled it with each post. Each. And. Every. One.

Country
    United States
    State
    North Carolina
    City
    Charlotte

The longer it went on for the more I suspected that the whole thing was real. But it's still so odd to me that Richard spent so much time playing in the Trad ballpark, but never really getting it. He would have some tradly duds and then ruin it with a terrible fit or some strange pocket square.

He was like a baseball player that fouls out at each and every at bat. You'd think that, over time, through sheer probability, Richard would have posted at least one pic or made at least one post that--even if it wasn't a home run--would at least get him to first. But no, never. He fouled it with each post. Each. And. Every. One.
    I only occasionally looked at his blog, but I got the same impression: he really didn't have much of a grounding in men's clothing in general, but had a stack of older Ralph Lauren catalogs.

BTW, I saw a sidebar on someone's site (too lazy to read it) that said the NC Rep went on WRAL in Raleigh and denied it was him.
    Jack Floyd
    I remain mystified

Country
    United States
    State
    New Jersey
    City
    Flanders

Thank you for bringing Chensvold's well-done article to our attention!

That Richard and Holloway are one and the same is beyond doubt to anyone except those still firmly convinced of the corporal nature of both the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny.

The only sadness is that we will now always be deprived of the rich ambiance of fox hunts (chicken farms) and chunky gal pals (legislative receptionists) as Richard explains to us how real WASP's conduct their lives.

- Such as the time he disrobed to prove to us all that he wasn't fat.

- His drooling over images of teenage females.

- Or the description of his treatment of his house guest, "Before I knew it, I punched him in the nose, kicked him in the crown jewels, and drug him by his hair onto the porch."

- That he was a man among men, over whom any woman that came into contact with him lusted.

No, Richard was most definitely not just another fashion blogger.

Country
    Hong Kong
    State
    Kowloon
    City
    Clearwater Bay

To be honest, I find Richard the character a lot less annoying now that the guy behind the curtain is revealed, one more doofus blowing off steam on the internet.
    "Mucho shaved his upper lip every morning three times with, three times against the grain to remove any remotest breath of a moustache...; bought all natural shoulder suits, then went to a tailor to have the lapels made yet more abnormally narrow, on his hair used only water, combing it like Jack Lemmon to throw them further off." -- Thomas Pynchon.
    • Traditional Natural Shoulder Tumblr

Hidden Content

Country
    United States
    State
    PA
    City
    Poconos

All closet WASP 101 fans should now stand as one and shout, loudly and defiantly, "I'm Richard!"

This unjust persecution of a misguided elected official who whiles away his hours in a fantasy land of women, bombastic monetary transactions, mismatched (and usually wrinkled) clothing, and more women must be stopped!

It's Richard today. Tomorrow, it could be one of us!

Country
    United States
    State
    NJ
    City
    Windham Park

Quote Originally Posted by Dieu et les Dames View Post
    A good bit of the older material is accessible through the way back machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/201201201...1_archive.html
    Thanks so much. That was more bizarre than I expected, with the tales of getting hit on by a "vampires," a loud fart at a party or nearly coming to fisticuffs over wearing an ascot. His photos always have an odd shapelessness to them, but that might be his bent leg and open coat pose.

The fact that his receptionist was a contributor is equally strange.

Country
    United States
    State
    NC
    City
    Charlotte

I'm not sure which is weirder, a state representative blogging under the pen name "WASP" or "the competition" dedicating time/resources to expose the guy. It's like a men's fashion Game of Thrones.
    Eastbound and down

Country
    United States
    State
    Illinois
    City
    Chicago

It's even funnier that the UK troll Russel street signed on to help out on WASP101 shortly before this. Too funny.

EwS

Country
    United States
    State
    MA
    City
    Cambridge

I did enjoy reading from time to time, even if as a self-parody it seemed to be. There was one long rant I remember against AAAC which was a bit bizarre.

The whole fox hunt facade did tick me off a little though... It's not England in 1904 anymore.
    I've started a new site - Hidden Content

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast