Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Country
    United States
    State
    Washington
    City
    Seattle

Default PSA Shaggy Dogs 40% Off

J. Press increased the discount on the Shaggy Dogs to 40% literally a few minutes ago. The discounted prices is $108.

I know this has been discussed here in previously because - by odd coincidence - I just did a search on the subject. By even odder coincidence, I was actually shopping for one at 25% off when the price suddenly changed to 40%.

Country
    United States
    State
    Washington
    City
    Seattle

More: not just Shaggy Dogs. A bunch of stuff just went from 25% to 40% or 50% off.

The Shaggy Dogs seem to be of most interest, since those discounts are less common, and there's a decent selection.

But, if you're so inclined, you can now grap a crazily-orange sportcoat for only $247.50 (in Harris Tweed) or $172.50 (in corduroy).
    Last edited by Starch; February 28th, 2012 at 16:27.

AlanC is offline Sartorial Sultan
    Moderator, Trad Forum
    Country
    United States
    State
    Heart of the Bluegrass
    City
    Lexington

There are a bunch of schoolboy scarves at 40% off, too.

Country
    United States
    State
    NJ
    City
    Rumson

Thanks! I grabbed a nice green one.

Country
    United States
    State
    MD
    City
    Clarksville

Can anyone comment on the J Press Blackwatch Scarf vs the Pendleton Blackwatch muffler? The dimensions for the Press scarf are not listed.

Country
    United States
    State
    illinois
    City
    springfield

I love/hate this sort of thread as much as I love/hate the Press website. Duly alerted, I pulled the trigger on a SD sweater and a brown watch sport coat, only to receive a confirmation email stating I had been charged full price. It will, of course, get sorted out, but yet another reminder to always call a store when dealing with Press (unless it's after hours and you need to get in line before stuff gets sold out).

Country
    United States
    State
    Washington
    City
    Seattle

You're freaking out unnecessarily. You don't need to call anyone (unless, of course, you need to ask something).

The e-mail message is just an oddity.

J. Press is extremely good about pricing. I've ordered things before at one price, and been surprised to discover I was charged a lower price, as they applied a discount that took effect after I put my order in.

The Brownwatch, incidentally, seems to be part of the "Harvard Collection," i.e. a collection of sportcoats that are all coupled with Harvard ties in the photos. The rest:
    Tweed Teviotex
    The Tweed with peak lapels
    Orange Harris Tweed
    Yellow Corduroy
    Corduroy with "warmer pockets"*
    Orange Corduroy

_____
    *Aside: somebody has a "pre-owned" one of these advertised on eBay as "very rare" and priced about 70% higher thatn a brand new one.
    Last edited by Starch; February 29th, 2012 at 02:53.

Well... Then I'll just have to deicide whenever to get the small or medium. Any thoughts on sizing on this seasons shaggy dogs?

Country
    United States
    State
    Michigan
    City
    Bloomfield Hills

Damn this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Jeep View Post
    Damn this thread!
    Agreed! But then again, I had been eyeing those tartan scarves all winter...

Country
    United States
    State
    NC
    City
    RDU

Thanks to the OP. Grabbed a yellow and a scarf. Tempted to buy another but even at $108 it's too expensive for me to justify for a sweater :/
    CollegeTrad.com

Country
    United States
    State
    Missouri
    City
    St. Louis

Got a A&S scarf. I couldn't resist. $66 shipped still seems steep for a scarf, though...

Country
    United States
    State
    MD
    City
    Clarksville

Picked up a sweater and a scarf. Now to wait 280 days to wear them.

Country
    United States
    State
    NJ
    City
    Rumson

My shaggy dog has arrived. But the wife is eying it.

Country
    United States
    State
    New York
    City
    New York

You should have bought two.

Quote Originally Posted by 32rollandrock View Post
    I love/hate this sort of thread as much as I love/hate the Press website. Duly alerted, I pulled the trigger on a SD sweater and a brown watch sport coat, only to receive a confirmation email stating I had been charged full price. It will, of course, get sorted out, but yet another reminder to always call a store when dealing with Press (unless it's after hours and you need to get in line before stuff gets sold out).
    I've mentioned this before, but there seems to always be several of the Brownwatch jackets at the warehouse sales. I assume that price to have beat the current sale, but I can't remember at the moment.

Country
    United States
    State
    NC
    City
    RDU

My yellow shaggy has also arrived. Is it me, or does the weaving seem "loose"? I can see my shirt underneath with all of the tiny holes made by the weaving. I compared it to my only other shaggy, a 2010 model, and that seemed more thicker and closely knitted than my new one.
    CollegeTrad.com

Has anyone seen/handled the olive shaggy? I'm tempted to pull the trigger but can't tell for sure what shade it is.

Quote Originally Posted by inq89 View Post
    My yellow shaggy has also arrived. Is it me, or does the weaving seem "loose"? I can see my shirt underneath with all of the tiny holes made by the weaving. I compared it to my only other shaggy, a 2010 model, and that seemed more thicker and closely knitted than my new one.
    That doesn't sound to good. A loose knit sweater.

Country
    Suriname
    State
    Ohio
    City
    Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Nice View Post
    Has anyone seen/handled the olive shaggy? I'm tempted to pull the trigger but can't tell for sure what shade it is.
    I bought it and it arrived today. I'm in the office, but will report tonight when I get to see it. I was stuck between that and the Dark Olive Mix...
    "Do you know what you look like before you go out?"

Country
    United States
    State
    Washington
    City
    Seattle

I got one, actually. It's a bit lighter and greener than I thought from the online photo, though not wildly so. That suggests that, if you're on the fence between it and the dark olive mix, based on the online photo, you might prefer the darker one. The word "mix" in the name is also a good thing, by my lights, as one of the more appealing and distinctive characteristics of the Shaggy Dogs is the mixed coloration.

Of course, it all depends on the monitor.
    Last edited by Starch; March 9th, 2012 at 10:45.

From my monitor it looks live the olive has some "mix" in it too. I think I prefer the vibrancy of the olive. Is it more of an apple-y green? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Starch View Post
    I got one, actually. It's a bit lighter and greener than I thought from the online photo, though not wildly so. That suggests that, if you're on the fence between it and the dark olive mix, based on the online photo, you might prefer the darker one. The word "mix" in the name is also a good thing, by my lights, as one of the more appealing and distinctive characteristics of the Shaggy Dogs is the mixed coloration.

Of course, it all depends on the monitor.

Country
    Suriname
    State
    Ohio
    City
    Cleveland

From my monitor it looks live the olive has some "mix" in it too. I think I prefer the vibrancy of the olive. Is it more of an apple-y green? Thanks!
    Starch described it pretty well. It is a lighter olive, it does have a 'mix' element too in that there are overtones of yellowy/ brown in the color. I like it a lot. By way of a comparison, it is a shade lighter than an olive Barbour. If you're looking for a darker, commando/ British Racing Green type color the Dark Olive Mix may be a better option.
    "Do you know what you look like before you go out?"

Country
    United States
    State
    Washington
    City
    Seattle

Yep. Not apple-y at all. Pretty close to the color of an olive, actually.

Like most of the Shaggy Dogs (not so much the bright colored ones), it has a definite mix of colors to it, which is one of the things I particularly like about the Shaggy Dogs.

Country
    United States
    State
    Illinois
    City
    Chicago

The NYC store was pretty much cleaned out on a lot of the sale items. I was just there this morning. The shaggy dog sweaters were there, but definitely not my cup of tea.

Country
    United States
    State
    NC
    City
    RDU

Quote Originally Posted by zightx View Post
    That doesn't sound to good. A loose knit sweater.
    Indeed it makes me wonder if they sent me a defect. Can anyone else confirm if their arrivals appear "loosely woven"? Especially if you purchased the yellow shaggy?
    CollegeTrad.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast