Page 1 of 15 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Country
    United States
    State
    California
    City
    Palm Desert

Thumbs up Viccel.com Socks!

I got some socks from http://www.viccel.com and they are a great value!

Made from 100% mercerized cotton, which has a stronger fabric structure and will not shrink or lose its shape in a very thin sock, with reinforced heels, and toes.

Plus you should see the colors! The prices are very reasonable too.

Sweat is a strong solvent for dyes in socks, but Viccel uses Indantherene dyes, which do not disolve in sweat and these socks keep their original color. Also Indantherene dyes are resistant to light, washing, and chloride.
    Your black socks will stay black no matter how many times they are washed.
    Andy
    Hidden Content
    Products reviewed may be furnished by their makers, sometimes at no cost to the reviewer, or be purchased by the reviewer. The review is strictly the personal opinion of the reviewer.
    AskAndyAboutClothes strongly encourages all members to enhance our reviews by posting their individual experiences with reviewed products.

Country
    United States
    State
    Florida
    City
    Harmony

As long as they come in black and navy color options, I'll give them a try...perhaps a brand to compete with the GoldToes, eh!

Hmmm.. any with stripes?
    ďIíll keep it short and sweet: Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.Ē C. M. Burns

Country
    United States
    State
    Colorado
    City
    Denver

Is that address correct? When I try going to viccell.com or www.viccell.com, they come up as invalid addresses.
    "First, they came for the tweed wearers and I said nothing because I was wearing a silk-cashmere blend...." - Srynerson

Country
    United States
    State
    CT
    City
    Milford

I think it should be http://www.viccel.com like its spelled on the sock but thats not working either. I do I have the correct domain however as google has indexed it the same as I have spelled it, its just offline right now for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by deanayer View Post
    I think it should be http://www.viccel.com like its spelled on the sock but thats not working either. I do I have the correct domain however as google has indexed it the same as I have spelled it, its just offline right now for some reason.
    I have just checked http://www.viccel.com it works fine

Exclamation hate synthetic

can anyone tell me about are these socks really dont have synthetic ??

thanx

Country
    United States
    State
    tennessee
    City
    memphis

I am ordering a six pack today to try them out. About $4.90 a pair and he will let me mix and match on a 6 pack, making them about $4.00 a pair and free shipping

Those socks look short to me. Men wearing them might show leg when sitting down - a no-no. I prefer over-the-calf length socks.

I have 6 pair coming. It's hard to have too many socks

11. AskAndy Encyclopedia 2  (Desktop - Inline 2)

Quote Originally Posted by LanceW View Post
    I have 6 pair coming. It's hard to have too many socks
    Just done the samething but ordered 8 pairs.:icon_smile_big:

Country
    United States
    State
    California
    City
    Palm Desert

I got an error once too, but this is the correct URL!

http://www.viccel.com/ Two "C's" one "L".
    Andy
    Hidden Content
    Products reviewed may be furnished by their makers, sometimes at no cost to the reviewer, or be purchased by the reviewer. The review is strictly the personal opinion of the reviewer.
    AskAndyAboutClothes strongly encourages all members to enhance our reviews by posting their individual experiences with reviewed products.

Quote Originally Posted by From Vancouver View Post
    Those socks look short to me. Men wearing them might show leg when sitting down - a no-no. I prefer over-the-calf length socks.
    I have just spoken to them. they will be bringing out OTC socks and patterned socks in the future.

i just ordered 6 pairs undyed

Quote Originally Posted by gordion View Post
    can anyone tell me about are these socks really dont have synthetic ??

thanx
    only have elastane in top section rate of it aproximate 1.5%. But this elastane does not have direct connection to skin because its placed inside socks' fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sartorial Executive View Post
    I have just spoken to them. they will be bringing out OTC socks and patterned socks in the future.
    Length of socks change depends on size and equal to foot length. Actually its hard to see leg when you sit down.

But many people requested OCT Socks and we decided to add them in our production range. They will be ready end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by kemalony View Post
    only have elastane in top section rate of it aproximate 1.5%. But this elastane does not have direct connection to skin because its placed inside socks' fabric.
    thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Nerev View Post
    Hmmm.. any with stripes?
    We are preparing new designs when they are ready I will write you

Andy,

How would you compare these socks against Pantaharella, Marcoliani, Corgi and Falke?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I got some socks from http://www.viccel.com and they are a great value!

Made from 100% mercerized cotton, which has a stronger fabric structure and will not shrink or lose its shape in a very thin sock, with reinforced heels, and toes.

Plus you should see the colors! The prices are very reasonable too.

Sweat is a strong solvent for dyes in socks, but Viccel uses Indantherene dyes, which do not disolve in sweat and these socks keep their original color. Also Indantherene dyes are resistant to light, washing, and chloride.
    Your black socks will stay black no matter how many times they are washed.

Country
    United States
    State
    California
    City
    Palm Desert

Quote Originally Posted by The Sartorial Executive View Post
    Andy,

How would you compare these socks against Pantaharella, Marcoliani, Corgi and Falke?
    They are cheaper! :icon_smile_big:

Actually the only socks that you mention that I have had any personal experience with is a couple pairs of Pantherella from Alex Kabbaz http://www.customshirt1.com/PantherellaPix01.htm

Now if someone would like to send me a pair or two of Marcoliani, Corgi and/or Falke I would be more than happy to give you my opinion! :icon_smile_big:

Most of the socks in my sock drawer are Polo/RL.
    Andy
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by gordion View Post
    i just ordered 6 pairs undyed
    you would buy different colors too.

If you want to get 15% discount after ordering 6 pairs black socks only you have to do is sending mail with the colors you want. Socks will be sent as your color selection.
    Last edited by kemalony; July 7th, 2009 at 14:36.

Country
    United States
    State
    Oregon
    City
    Portland

I just had a brief dialog with someone from Turkey. I told him I would be more than happy to purchase a few pair of their socks and try them out.

But the only method of payment is via PayPal, (Huge rip-off that I have never, and will never use) or to put your credit card, (with a $20K limit) number into their web site that could be hacked and suddenly the fifty dollar sock purchase is a nightmare from hell.

Great deal!

No thanks, I'll pay fifty dollars a pair for my socks before I will put my credit card into a computer.
    "Horses don't bet on people and neither do I."

Country
    United States
    State
    California
    City
    Palm Desert

Quote Originally Posted by 127.72 MHz View Post
    I just had a brief dialog with someone from Turkey. I told him I would be more than happy to purchase a few pair of their socks and try them out.

But the only method of payment is via PayPal, (Huge rip-off that I have never, and will never use) or to put your credit card, (with a $20K limit) number into their web site that could be hacked and suddenly the fifty dollar sock purchase is a nightmare from hell.

Great deal!

No thanks, I'll pay fifty dollars a pair for my socks before I will put my credit card into a computer.
    127.72 MHz:

I've been using PayPal since 2001 with (cross my fingers) NO Problems and it's been a godsend to me and this website. I could have never sold my books or accepted any payments without it!

Contact kemalony for other forms of payment. I know he'll be glad to work with you.
    Andy
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by 127.72 MHz View Post

Then I suggest you never ever use your credit card in a store as it will end upon computers just the same....

ditto

In over 10 years of using Paypal I have never had one issue.

In over 14 years of using credit cards, I have had my cc info stolen three times. All three times it was the same - some kid using a magnetic stripe reader to steal the cc's info and then they recreated a fake care with that info.

The first time a cop explained it to me, my mouth dropped to the floor. Apparently its getting quite common.

Quick fingered, techie 18-22 year olds seem to be the largest culprits at the moment, in particular at casual dining restaurants when they can take your card out of sight (they pickup at the table and take off supposedly to register; in contrast, at a store they usually ring you up in front of you).

By the way, you can now use prepaid credit cards that have a max limit. Pain in the neck, but if you do not trust a site, you limit your loss.

Page 1 of 15 12345678910 ... LastLast